Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Doing 'Be Still'

Sometimes I focus too much on what I need to do for God instead of focusing on who He is.

Lord, what do I need to do today?

-Be still and know that I am God.

Lord, don't You mean to read my Bible everyday?

-Be still and know that I am God.

Lord, don't You mean to pray & to fast?

-Be still and know that I am God.

Lord, don't You mean to witness & to evangelize?

-Be still and know that I am God.

Lord, don't You mean to tell me what to do?

-Be still and know that I am God.

But Lord, that's not an action; it's a state of being. You want me to do nothing except be & realize who You are as my God?

-Be still and know that I am God.

Lord, I need to be still? I need to silence the to-do lists, the goals, the pressing demands, the worries, the fears, the technology, & the noise in order to be? I need to to silence all other things and focus on You, on Your God-ness, on who You are?

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10


Bible study, prayer, fasting, witnessing, evangelizing, and other actions of Christians are important, but God isn't impressed by how much you do. First & foremost spend time with Him. We are saved by grace, not by works. Our actions should be rooted in our love for God, not in our to do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment