Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

St. John in Exile Song

 There is a movie out there called St. John in Exile. It tells the story of John, an apostle of Jesus, and his memories of Jesus. You can check it out on Amazon.com if you desire. Anyway, in the movie, there is a song, which I utterly love.

"Lord God Almighty
Thou art holy
Maker of the sea and land,
The universe and skies.

Lord God Almighty
Thou art Holy
Dwell within my heart and mind,
My fingers and my eyes.

Lei, Lei, Lei, Lei, Lei, Lei,
Lei, Lei, Lei, Lei, Lei, Lei,
Lei, Lei, Lei, Lei, Lei,

Lei, Lei, Lei, Lei, Lei, Lei,
Lei, Lei, Lei, Lei, Lei, Lei,
Lei, Lei, Lei, Lei, Lei"
  Jones, Dean, perf. St. John in Exile. Dir. Dan Curtis. Bridgestone, 1996. Film. 21 May 2013.

I love this song because it focuses so much on God's nature (Almighty, Holy, Maker) and what He has done (made the sea, land, universe, skies). Only then does a request come (dwell within all of me, Lord). So often my prayers jump straight to the point. "Lord, I need..... and I want.....Please change....Help me...." I don't take the time to focus on the majesty and awesomeness of my Lord.

What is your favorite song worshiping God?

No comments:

Post a Comment